Top 10 Tastiest Holiday Destinations in France 2020

France is the epitome of fun and enjoyment. It is a destination with a fantastic culture, excellent gastronomy, and beautiful landscape. It is also where you find the Eiffel tower, as well as the Louvre museum, my best spot whenever I want to have a silent and meaningful day. That means there are plenty of destinations to pick from if you are planning to travel to this nation. With that in mind, here are the top ten tastiest places in France to visit in 2020.

Beaujolais

The beauty and setting of Beaujolais are alluring to any traveller. I found the region to have exorbitant plenty of places to visit, dine, and drink. Wine tours in the area are elaborate with distinct stops along the 140km wine route. My most intriguing reminisce about this destination is its excellent wine selection. The crispy nature of its château Thivin Côte de Brouilly wine is fantastic.

It is a drink I found enjoyable with hints of peppermint notes gushing from its velvety texture. Each bottle of wine here unlocks your taste buds by unleashing remarkable flavours that feature a bubblegum scent, my favourite. I took most of the wines while seated under a shade with a cool breeze and fresh scents of grapes whiffing through my nose.

Saint Tropez

St. Tropez is a beautiful place to visit with a group. The location is calm, with many breathtaking sites like Plage Port Grimaud and Escalet beach. I spent most of my time at Chateau des Marres and honestly, the place is a gem and sanctuary of ultimate experience.

The estate blends different grapes to achieve a distinct wine taste suitable for wine connoisseurs. The winery shares its tradition through its ancient yet divine wine crafting methods. I got to sip a glass of Cuvee 2s rose wine, which displayed perfect peach aromas and a balance of acidity, making every gulp memorable.

Loire Valley

Loire Valley is a haven of beautiful antique buildings, lush green vegetation, and magnificent castles. It is home to Brédif Marc (ETS), and Chateau de Miniere wineries that serve plenty of fabulous wines. If you are a fan of quintessential French wines, then you are going to enjoy Loire valley. I did visit the Chateau de Miniere winery, the home to excellent wine, and a variety of delectable dishes. The combination of traditional heritage with modernity swept me off my feet and made the whole experience unique.

Provence

Provence is where I get solace whenever I visit France. I’m not in love with this place just for its warm weather, colourful streets, and lavender scents that linger in the atmosphere. The beautiful wine tasting sites that this place offers is phenomenal, and it makes me fall deeper for this place. These wineries select wines depending on how well it pairs with a particular meal.

I love to visit this area for high-quality wines like Couture Brut, which offer rich tastes with smooth feels. I often pair it with spicy dishes to get that heavenly feel with earthy notes. The subtle acidity and the nutty aroma always make my heart delightful.

Champagne

Champagne is a gem when it comes to offering the best experience to any traveller. For most wine enthusiasts, this place features on the list of top ten tastiest destinations in France due to its strategic location, mouthwatering foods, and great atmosphere. It is where I fell in love with the celebrated Michelin starred Le Grand Cerf restaurant that serves both traditional and international delicacies.

What intrigues me about this place are the open windows that radiate natural light and the superb seating arrangement. I always find the place comfortable and welcoming whenever I visit to enjoy bottles of pinot noir, which come with a beautiful blend of flavours. Sometimes when with friends, I like to opt for a private dining room to magnify our splendid experience.

Colmar

Colmar’s beauty is synonymous with every French citizen. The various wineries available in the region makes it one of the most famous wine locations in France. My most preferred stop is at the Zind Humbrecht. That is where I get my forever favourite 2017 Zind wine. The site sits majestically on a hillside with tracks of land surrounding it.

That makes it a perfect place to enjoy the subtle floral notes and citrus palate of the wine. Moreover, this place satiates my love for an uninterrupted view of green land and beautiful surroundings.

Cotes du Rhone

Cotes du Rhone is one of the most famous wine regions, thanks to its beautiful scenery and serene environment. It is also where the appellation Cotes du Rhone Blanc originates. The wine hints a scent of stone fruits combined with some trace of floral notes. What always impresses me is its creaminess and liquorice flavour that makes it smooth and soothing.

Cotes du Rhone is where I go whenever I’m craving delicious wines. I never forget to carry my notebook just in case I come across a drink that intrigues my wine-loving soul.

Languedoc-Roussillon

The simplicity and charming nature of Languedoc-Roussillon make it an incredible destination that I can never miss on my list of wineries. The unique feature of Languedoc-Roussillon is its affordability. Their plush accommodations astound me, and the beautiful high-end décor makes me feel like a king.

They always have a variety of wines, including Chardonnays, Cabernet Sauvignons, Merlots, and Sauvignon Blanc wines. The clear skies and warm climate make me yearn for a glass of blanton bourbon.

Bordeaux

No wine enthusiast or connoisseur doesn’t have Bordeaux on their list of places to visit in France. The area houses some of the famous wineries on the planet. Here is where I bumped into Château Haut-Brion and Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion wineries. Their dry Cabernet Sauvignon wines never fail to amuse me.

They come with vanilla, blueberry, blackberry, and black cherry flavours. It is a beautiful location to enjoy lengthy wine tours and other special activities. The best time to visit this place is from the beginning of September to mid-October. That is when the weather is favourable, and fun activities are plenty.

Burgundy

Lastly, you must tour Burgundy whether you are a fan of tasty red wines or dry white wine. The location contains a variety of Pinot Noir wines and lovely Chardonnay wines. What makes Burgundy a place to behold are the amazing wine tours that it offers.

The wine region is vast in comparison to other wine regions; that’s why I always set aside at least five days whenever I tour. The wine discussions always leave me stunned. It is an incredible place to have a pleasant and exciting stay.

There is no way you can end up having a dull day while visiting any of the destinations mentioned above. I have never been bored, and that’s why I always keep on visiting these places again and again. Each location comes with its uniqueness. While some have only a few blends, others like Bordeaux and Cotes du Rhone grow multiple types of grapes, featuring a wide variety of wines.


Travel obsessed and need somewhere new to try? Check out these other exciting places to choose from.

The following post Top 10 Tastiest Holiday Destinations in France 2020 is courtesy of Keep It Cartesian

Comments

Popular Posts